Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com  

Sponsors
Our Forums
Stock Market Cats
Motorized Bicycles

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com > Alternative Energy Investments, News and Money Saving Tips > Energy Savings Tips and Ideas

Energy Savings Tips and Ideas Energy Saving Tips & Products that make your Home or Vehicle Energy Efficient.

Eco-friendly Birthdays Tips

Energy Saving Tips & Products that make your Home or Vehicle Energy Efficient.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Post Eco-friendly Birthdays Tips

It’s your kid’s birthday and you must celebrate it in an eco-friendly way. Know how to celebrate eco-friendly birthdays so that your child learns green values. Instead of celebrating conventional birthdays environment friendly birthdays is the best option for your life wonderful moment.

Things to remember:

The first thing that you plan for a birthday is invitations. Opt to buy eco-friendly invites that are made from recycled paper. Or better still; make your own invitation cards. You could use paper, old gift wrapping and envelopes lying around the house. Of course, nothing is more eco-friendly than an electronic invitation sent via e-mail or through chat windows.

Use Eco-friendly gifts made from material like cloth and wood would be some great options as well.

Use cups, plates, dishes, napkins and tablecloth that are reusable. Eco-friendly disposable plates and cups made from corn or sugarcane pulp are also an option.

Make sure that any recyclable material goes into bins that are designated especially for them. If you need to decorate the place, make use of paper or latex balloons that are eco-friendly, instead of conventional balloons.

Know more about eco-friendly birthday celebration

Enjoy Birthday and have a great time.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Eco-friendly Birthdays Tips

Some great ideas! I like the idea of making gifts by hand with recycled and eco friendly materials.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 AM

For give aways you can prepare little pot plants (with pots made out of plastic bottle covers- yes, I said plastic bottle covers). It's great to let children take this home so they can have a more intimate bond with nature. Here's the link from which I got the idea from: From Japan, gardening in reused bottle caps - Springwise
Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM

Those are great ideas mathewrobert. I have also seen organizations who use the recyclable products for making nice gift-items like bags, photo frames made from hand-made papers etc. It will be a nice idea to keep the recyclable things that you get on your birthday aside, eg, paper bags and give it those organizations who will make good use of the same
Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Keep these 10 tips in mind for having an eco-friendly party, no matter where you have it or what it is for:

Invite fewer. Really think about how many people it is important to have at the party. The more people you invite, the more waste is created.
Inform online. Rather than send out a paper invitation to everyone, opt for something a little greener.
Decorate green. While balloons may look nice, they are not very environmentally friendly. Many of them end up in landfills, water supplies, and even in the stomachs of sea turtles that mistake them for jelly fish.
Eat friendly. Food production is an important part of green living.
Serve smart. One of the biggest areas of waste at parties involves what is used for serving the food.
Green projects. Kids like to “do something” at parties. Pick a project that is environmentally friendly, such as painting pottery or a planter, finger painting, decorating a re-usable cup, creating a bottle bank, making soy candles, making a backyard birdhouse, or creating a natural tie-dye shirt or canvas bag.
Skip loot. Many people opt to give a party bag to kids, filled with lots of… junk. The bags usually contain candy that the parents really don’t want the kids having, and plastic toys that will break within days.
Forget individual. When you buy things that are single-serve, such as drinks, you not only pay more, but you are creating more waste.
Recycle everything. Do not be shy about setting up a recycle bin at your party. This will encourage others to do the right thing, and will make your job easier.
Inform guests. Let your guests know that the theme of the party is ‘being green.’ Challenge them to stick with it, if they want to bring a gift.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Great ideas, alaina! I particularly like the idea of getting the kids to actively do something fun and practical - painting pottery etc would be great fun! Messy to clean up... but all kids' parties are anyway. Saves on the newspaper for playing pass the parcel!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 AM

It really is a great idea.I will have a trial of this idea on my birthday,Thanks for sharing it.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Default Thanks For the Nice Sharing

hi....
Thank you for sharing with us. Nice and amazing tips an. I admire its so many important for a young ones. Your tips are golden and much appreciated......thanks for nice sharing

Last edited by keth; 05-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Wow! This was something very unique I have never read about. I'll definitely implement these wonderful ideas.

Tags
eco-friendly ideas, eco-friendly products, eco-friendly tips, green gift, recycled paper