Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com  

Sponsors
Our Forums
Stock Market Cats
Motorized Bicycles

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com > Alternative Energy Systems > Solar & Wind Energy Distributors, Dealers, & Wholesalers

Solar & Wind Energy Distributors, Dealers, & Wholesalers A list of Solar & Wind Companies that sell Wind Turbines, Silicon Wafers, Pv Modules, Silicon Materials, PV Cells and other related Solar items.

Suggestions for a small building on the mountains

A list of Solar & Wind Companies that sell Wind Turbines, Silicon Wafers, Pv Modules, Silicon Materials, PV Cells and other related Solar items.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Suggestions for a small building on the mountains

Hi guys

I'd like to have some suggestions!
I have to plan a small building (15-20 square meters) on a mountain and It should be "off-grid".
There is the possibility to implement solar and photovoltaic panels.
What do you suggest for the heating-system, considering that the owners prefer to don't have any "fire"?
Should I use a battery to stock the energy produced with the photovoltaic panels? And a thermal-heating based on electricity (which one?)?

Could I use the same energy from photovoltaic panels for a small kitchen inside (what do you suggest?)?

Help me please !
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for a small building on the mountains

Radiant heat on top of floor covered in tire or floating wood floor. I'm thinking the low voltage type that is sold in rolled up mess or fabric. Might take a while to get everything touchable in the house up to temperature but once it does your in heaven running about naked in your mountain house. For those really cold nights light a fire or a small back-up propane heater. kerosine is fine I just can't stand the smell. Best of luck to you.
Jerry