Customers can buy solar energy directly from Tucson Electric Power Company
The Bright Tucson Community Solar Program offers an easy and affordable way to meet your electric needs with locally generated solar power. As a TEP customer, you now have the opportunity to purchase solar power in "blocks" of 150 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per month. You can buy some or all of your power through the program, reducing or eliminating your energy from conventional resources.
Tucson Electric Power dedicated a 1.6 megawatt tracking array solar facility at the University of Arizona's Science and Technology Park.
Features and Benefits
* No up-front expenses or equipment maintenance costs
* Renewable energy option for renters and homeowner association (HOA) residents
* Protection offered against future energy cost increases
* Surcharge exemption for solar energy purchases on renewable energy, fuel and purchased power
* Minimized carbon footprint and reliance on fossil fuels
* Clean, green renewable energy for an affordable price
For more info: Tucson Electric Power Company - We're there when you need us ™