Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com  

Sponsors
Our Forums
Stock Market Cats
Motorized Bicycles

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com > Alternative Energy Systems > Solar Energy / Photovoltaics

Solar Energy / Photovoltaics Solar Power provides electrical generation by means of heat engines or photovoltaics. Solar Lighting, Solar Water Heating, Solar Air Heating, Cooling and Ventilation for homes and business. Solar Cooking and other Applications.

Before buying a solar panel

Solar Power provides electrical generation by means of heat engines or photovoltaics. Solar Lighting, Solar Water Heating, Solar Air Heating, Cooling and Ventilation for homes and business. Solar Cooking and other Applications.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Before buying a solar panel

what are the things i need to keep in mind before buying a solar panel except power, warranty, and efficiency rating?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Before buying a solar panel

One of the major things to look into is warranty period - the main differences in quality between solar arrays these days is how long before the solar cells lose their efficiency. Some solar panels may seem too cheap, but you don't want to have to replace them sooner than you want because they are losing their efficiency. (Even more simply, check the details of the warranty, because some warranties only cover physical flaws and not reductions in efficiency) Best of luck !
Old 02-05-2012, 09:58 AM

I will suggest you to take a good look at their reviews before buying any solar panel for your home. There are certain things you need to know like what’s the warranty period, are they going to provide home repairing service. I have seen people looking for more cheap solar panel but cheap is not always good so trying to see the product first.

purchase solar panels
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by zohahunt77; 02-08-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 AM

Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight...
A solar garden light could be used for the parts. They're less than $20 for 3. The thing is though, they might not put out enough current to light an actual bulb since they really just charge up a battery during the day for that. They might however light up a light emitting diode. You could scrap one from an old radio or something or get it from like Radio Shack. Heck, they might even have a kit for your project.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 PM

Good question. I think one of the main things that people forget to factor into their costings, is insurance. Obviously, when you are investing into a project like this, you need to make sure that you are covered in case something does go wrong. Solar PV Panels can be delicate, so it is important to ensure that you are protected.

Renewable Energy Insurance
Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 AM

Before buying a solar panel don't forget to read the solar market research report....
Solar Panels are devices which are used for the conversion of solar energy into other forms of energies like electricity, heat or light. They have long been used as the best alternative for power generation in various sectors: commercial, industrial, utility sectors, etc. Still, owing to its limitations in functionality and aesthetics, adoption of this technology has been relatively slow in the residential sector. However, with recent advancements in technology, solar panel manufacturers are beginning to create solar panels that meet the needs of the residential markets in terms of aesthetics as well as functionality. Advancements in technology are leading to a shift in the make of solar panels.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:34 AM

Hi, I want to know what things should be looking in a solar panel company before buying a solar panel. Like I have heard about buying solar panel with free installation charges or anything but later I found out their terms and condition which changes the whole scenario.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 PM

There are a few other things to be considered before buying. I will suggest you choose the right panels according to your situation. For instance to see how big is your roof, how much you can afford for a panel. If you got limited roof space you might no want to buy a less solar efficient panel even if it is cheaper.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 AM

There is a lot of talk about solar energy being a solution for the world's energy problems. Some of the materials used in the newer thin film solar panels are toxic to the environment.Solar panels are able to be fitted in all areas of the United Kingdom.

solar energy products
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Since last three many people are showing their interest in buying a solar panel. But one should keep some points while buying a solar panel like knowledge about solar panels, Choose The Right Location, Calculate Energy Requirements and Customer Service or After Sales Support.