Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com  

Sponsors
Our Forums
Stock Market Cats
Motorized Bicycles

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com > Alternative Energy Investments, News and Money Saving Tips > Energy Savings Tips and Ideas

Energy Savings Tips and Ideas Energy Saving Tips & Products that make your Home or Vehicle Energy Efficient.

Energy Conservation Tips

Energy Saving Tips & Products that make your Home or Vehicle Energy Efficient.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM

Default Energy Conservation Tips

To conserve energy following are few ways

Use cement substitutes or recycled concrete to build your home, opt for eco-friendly furniture or invest in a rain water harvesting system, it is a step towards leaving a greener earth for future generations.
Use natural light, gadgets such as lighting controls and energy-efficient bulbs, all go a long way towards better lighting with minimal energy consumption.
A large part of energy goes towards cooling and heating. Weather stripping, insulation, window treatments and glasses to choose, and optimal thermostat settings help lighten the burden of utility bills.
Using Solar water heaters is the best way to save electricity bills.
Choosing energy efficient household appliances can effectively help to save energy.
Use of natural light is one of the simplest way to conserve energy.

For more Energy Conservation Tips
Old 10-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Energy Conservation Tips

In my home I used home energy monitor.I can see current electricity bill. How much I used everyday. It is very useful, you can easily turn off your appliances which is not useful.

Last edited by cosmo; 11-24-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:22 AM

Using of solar hot water at home is the brilliant idea to save money.

Last edited by cosmo; 11-24-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

Here is a list of Energy Saving Tips you can implement in your own home or business that can help reduce your energy consumption and lower your carbon footprint.
* Turn off appliances when they are not in use. Do not leave them on standby. Standby can use up to 20% on some inefficient appliances.

* Buy A rated appliances for your Home. This can be a huge saving of €150 annually on your electricity bill.

* Turn down your heating – by even 1 degree Celsius and it will save you up to €150 per year of your money. A 10% percent saving.

* Buy energy efficient light bulbs (CFLs) instead of traditional bulbs – they use 1/5th energy and last up to 10 times as long.

* Attic Insulate – insulating your attic will keep the heat in your home for longer and pay for itself in 2-3 years.

* Fit a lagging jacket – lagging your hot water tank will keep the water hotter for longer and will have paid for itself in a few months.

* Don’t overfill your kettle – boil only as much water as you need.

* Fit thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) to your radiators. They allow you to set the desired temperature in each room individually so rooms not in use can be set lower to save on your heating bills.

* Support renewable energy initiatives in your community.

* Walk or cycle to work instead of driving - it costs nothing and it’s healthy for you.

* Use the clothesline when possible – Tumble dryers use a lot of energy.

* Buy Local Produce – A considerable amount of energy is consumed transporting produce around the globe, reduce this by sourcing food form a local farmers market and also help the local economy.

* Fit Aerator taps – restrict the flow of water from the tap without reducing water pressure. The less hot water you use, the less hot water you need to heat.

Last edited by cosmo; 11-24-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: dropping links
Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 AM

I would look at the ammount of energy you use, then determine how many solar panels you will need (doesnt have to be the entire house) then work out how much money you will save and how much the install costs. Then you know if solar is the way to go, usually works quite well for most people

Greenie

Last edited by cosmo; 11-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM

There are many other way of using solar energy for saving energy consumption. Like you can save electricity and renewable resource by using solar panel, I am using solar panel at my home by the first time. Yes, initial cost might be high but see the profit going to happen in the near future.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM

Energy conservation tips are very useful in an economy with rising energy costs, particularly for families battling summer heat and winter cold. Energy conservation is not just about preserving natural resources, but also about protecting individual financial resources.

Energy Conservation Tips at Home
Turn the Lights Out
Replace the Light Bulbs
Six Degrees
Appliances and More
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 AM

I think if your house is air-conditioned, check your windows and exterior doors to make sure you are not bleeding cold air to the outside. I know that at least one of my doors needs some new weatherstripping.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Utilization of homemade solar panels is one of the most important tip that I can give for energy conservation. Because it can generate an clean, eco- friendly, renewable source of energy.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 AM

Most people are looking for ways how to reduce costs in the growing energy consumption at home. If you add a new water heater to your home, consider a loop of heat or trap in the line installed. If there is a challenge for all owners required to meet once a month, is the way to save money on your electric bill.