Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com  

Sponsors
Our Forums
Stock Market Cats
Motorized Bicycles

Go Back   Alternative Energy Forum | Nature2Energy.com > Alternative Energy Systems > Wind Power Systems / Wind Turbines

Wind Power Systems / Wind Turbines Wind Power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form, such as electricity, using wind turbines.

Solar-wind turbines on the roof of a high-rise building.

Wind Power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form, such as electricity, using wind turbines.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM

Default Solar-wind turbines on the roof of a high-rise building.

In our cities there are high-rise buildings more and more. These are business centers, offices of large corporations, the governmental and other buildings, and also apartment houses and complexes.

It is a pity that all these skyscrapers practically don't use renewable energy sources. Certainly, there are buildings which use solar panels but itís very few of them.

There is a new decision appeared which allows using effectively and safely wind power, - these are solar-wind turbines.

These turbines can be erected on any high-rise buildings; they are safe and made of durable materials.

They work at a wind from 1.5 to 60 meters per second, thus rotate slowly and silently.

The turbine is capable to transform wind power into thermal or electric energy. In the first case, all energy goes on heating of water and supply of tenants with heating and hot water. In the second case the turbine produces the electricity.

The system brings in the real income to the house-owner and completely pays off for 3-5 years. For example, the system that consist three turbines with the general capacity of 75 kW is capable to provide with energy a nine-floor apartment house on 8%.

In the solar-wind turbines the principle of a difference of pressure of air inside rotor and outside is used, therefore all blades of the turbine simultaneously receive the identical distributed loading. Due to the mentioned principle the turbine works very silently, doesn't produce an infrasound and doesn't vibrate, and thus can maintain very strong gusty wind accumulating energy of impulses in a drive air catcher.

Besides the solar-wind turbine looks very attractively and can decorate a top of any building.

And would you like to have a solar-wind turbine on your office building or the apartment house?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Solar-wind turbines on the roof of a high-rise building.

I think the implementation of wind power and solar power technologies on those overlarged sky scrapers would don't only be effective but enable cities like New York etc reduce emissions and join the world on cutting emissions and generating energy.

Great concept actually.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM

I don't understand why you call this a solar-wind turbine. It looks like a turbine with vertical blades. Verticle blades can be designed to accept wind from any angle, and do not require the same speed of wind that traditional windmill style tubines need.

Do you mean the gray panels are also solar panels?

The design looks attractive. If I had an industrial building I might invest in an enclosure like this. I would also paint the roof white, to reduce cooling costs.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM

I have seen a solar-wind turbine similar to this, although that had a fairly closed structure. This one looks more open. What is the use of integrating solar in a wind turbine though?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM

i have been looking into solar and wind power for over a year now. i agree that there a payoff with free energy.

the biggest problem is the initial investment and the time it takes for a real return.
3-5 years is unreal and from what i see more like 10-15 years if you are lucky. work and maintenence is also an issue. from people ive talked to these machines don't last much more than twenty, so untill they build better turbines and panels. it's just not that tempting.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 AM

It's high time that people should understand the importance of non-renewable sources that is coal, petrol, electricity. Once they get finished can’t be generated back. But, thanks to solar wind turbines and other things that can be operated with solar energy. This will surely help our mother earth.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 AM

As Krystle says, the big problem is the initial investment necessary - given that most CEOs and c-level leaders in general are often managing with the short-term in mind - the next quarterly report to stock holders for example. They need immediate payoff and wind power is an example of a renewable that takes longer to pay off.