The number of people who travel for business or pleasure is increasing every year. It is important that people are aware of Eco friendly travel tips. Concernergy offers tips which you can follow to make your trip eco-friendly.
Things to remember:
• Choose a destination that is eco-friendly, closer home for your holiday. Take the bus or the train, instead of driving down. If you do plan to drive, check tire pressure and cruise at 55mph for optimal fuel efficiency. Visit parks and nature reserves and native sites in the region and extend support to the green movement.
• For long distances, travel by an airline that promotes eco-friendly travel. There are some airlines that are environmentally conscious and follow practices like recycling cabin waste and promoting electronic ticketing. Virgin Airlines has gone one step further and takes measures like towing away planes to a take-off grid which helps to save fuel and reduce carbon emissions.
• At the hotel, avoid insisting that your towels and sheets be changed everyday. This would result in energy, water and detergent powder savings. Try to patronize a hotel that has green policies in place.
• Shop for souvenirs that are eco-friendly and boost the local craft endeavors. Avoid buying gifts which are made from animal products such as turtle shells and ivory.
• If vacationing on a private yacht or a boat, ensure that there are no leakages that would contaminate the water. Keep handy pads that can absorb any spills and ensure that they are disposed off properly.
• Ensure that there is no energy drain in your house while you are away by pulling the plugs on all appliances. Make sure that the air conditioning and the thermostat are turned down.
Know more about eco-friendly travel tips
So,Enjoy your eco-friendly trip.